How much water should my dog drink?
Simply put, a dog needs ½-1 oz of water per pound each day. Of course, if your dog is particularly active, or if the weather is warmer, he or she may need more. For example, my Labra-Doodle weighs about 60 lbs. That means he needs 30-60 oz of water every day.
How do I check if my dog is properly hydrated?
Here’s a checklist of 5 easy signs that your dog needs water:
- Dry Nose – If their nose isn’t wet, they definitely need to be hydrated.
- Inelastic Skin- Dehydrated skin will stay wrinkled. Check the back of their neck by pinching it between two fingers. If the skin doesn’t return right away, they are dehydrated.
- Slimy Gums – A well hydrated dog’s gums are slimy. Run your finger over their gums and check to make sure they are moist.
- Sunken Eyes – If you notice your dogs eyes sinking in a bit, make sure they’re getting enough H20.
- Lethargy – Reduced activity, mood or appetite is a good indicator that your canine buddy needs to drink more.
LICKS is not only healthy for dogs, it smells good too! This veterinarian formulated great tasting (and smelling) beverage is designed to get even the most distracted drinkers to LICK it up! When dogs are exercising and hot, they often do not drink as easily, LICKS’ savory deliciousness makes sure your doggie will stay hydrated on hot summer days.
Learn more about how LICKS Pet Beverages allow for healthy dog hydration!